Literate Nation Vision:
To empower our nation’s citizens with the literacy skills needed to thrive in the dynamic, global environment of the 21st century.
Literate Nation Mission:
To create an accessible, highly informed, broad-based platform for literacy leadership that will provide the country with the most comprehensive, cross-disciplinary resources and strategic initiatives available to propel the systemic changes needed for a fully literate nation.
Literate Nation Core Values:
We Live Our Principles—They Underlie our Actions and Define How We Behave in the World
- Leadership: The courage at this historical juncture to shape a better future through world-class literacy and education.
- Collaboration: The ability to build alliances and leverage collective knowledge across disciplines.
- Integrity: The conviction that we must exemplify our transformative purposes with transparency, while embracing the success of every teacher, of each student, and of America’s collective human capital.
- Passion: The commitment of our intelligence, our experience, and our collective energies to make a literate nation a reality for all.
- Trust: The pledge to trust, respect, and support each other in meeting the goals of Literate Nation, and to be held accountable for all our actions.
- Gratitude: The appreciation of gratitude for our character and skill sets that allow us to work together well, to be inclusive of alliances and partnerships, to break down barriers, and to unite behind the movement and efforts needed to create a literate nation.
Our Mission is to create a highly informed, accessible, broad-based platform for literacy leadership that will provide the country with the most comprehensive, cross-disciplinary resources and strategic initiatives available. Together we can unite behind and propel the systemic changes needed for a fully literate America.
Our first ever published report, detailing who we are, what we stand for, and what we intend to accomplish—especially if you join us in the endeavor.